Before Your First Appointment
Before you come in for the first session, I will send to you two documents for you to fill out/sign and bring with you to your first appointment. One is a CONSENT TO TREAT that has important information about my practice, your rights and responsibilities and covers topics such as confidentiality, fees and cancellation policy. The second is a SELF REPORT that is as much for your use as it is mine, to help you articulate your strengths and challenges and what you want to focus on in therapy.
Using Insurance Benefits
If you intend to use health insurance benefits to pay for your therapy, it is important to contact your insurance company before your fist appointment to ask the following questions:
- Is devora moon holland, LCSW a preferred provider on my panel?
- Do I have a deductible for mental health services?
- How much, if any, of my deductible has already been met?
- When does my plan (deductible) renew?
- What is my copay (flat $) or co-insurance (%) responsibility?
- What, if any, are the limits on my mental health benefits?
In order to verify benefits, my billing specialist will also contact your insurance company before your first visit. Therefore, during our initial phone conversation I will ask you to provide me with the following information:
- Client's full name*
- Client's date of birth*
- Client's insurance company
- Client's ID/Group/Policy number(s)
- Client's employer*
- Client's address
- Client's phone number
*For these categories, if the primary person insured on the policy is someone other than the client, please provide both the client's information as well as that of the primary person insured.